Watering Can Dishcloth

Hey I made another dishcloth…I am addicted to these!
I made this one with Bernat Cotton Tot’s Grape Berry for the main color and Jelly Belly for the ruffle edge. I used the flat stitch and purl stitch and am going to try the new knit stitch (backwards purl) for the next one.
Thanks to all of the ladies that have adapted these patterns to the looms and to the original needle knitter designer’s for allowing them to be adapted!
Advertisements

A challenge to all of you smart knitter’s out there!




<NOT!



Ok, I know that there is some great, smart, talented needle knitter out there who could figure out how to translate this pattern to the looms! I humbly beg of you in all of your greatness to have mercy on us who do not possess the grand brain power that you have, to please come up with a pattern for these cuties!


I am positive that many loomers out there like meself, would forever, and I mean forever, bow at your blessed feet!



Pretty Please!



And if you are really up for the challenge then these in looming language would be super as well!



Maripositas (Little Bow Stitch/Butterfly Stitch)

NOT!

My attempt at the Maripositas Stitch

I used Fisherman’s Wool and 27 pegs on one side of my 20″ RG DA board. I used the backwards purl – knit stitch that Isela shows at her site, http://www.loomknit.com

It turned out to be 6″ x 6″ and I want to felt it next, to see how felting the little butterfly stitches will turn out. So I will make sure I post that after I felt it. I added the little bows every 3 rows with no plain rows inbetween, this is why there are so many of them. Oh well, it was just a test swatch…LOL

Thanks Isela for teaching us this beautiful stitch that you admired as a child.

Maripositas

<NOT!

My attempt at the Maripositas Stitch

I used Fisherman’s Wool and 27 pegs on one side of my 20″ RG DA board. I used the backwards purl – knit stitch that Isela shows at her site, http://www.loomknit.com

It turned out to be 6″ x 6″ and I want to felt it next, to see how felting the little butterfly stitches will turn out. So I will make sure I post that after I felt it. I added the little bows every 3 rows with no plain rows inbetween, this is why there are so many of them. Oh well, it was just a test swatch…LOL

Thanks Isela for teaching us this beautiful stitch that you admired as a child.

Pastel Delight, Sugar and Cream Dishcloth


<NOT

Here is my first dishcloth on my new dishcloth rake! I crocheted a little ruffle edge too. I used 35 pegs and the basket weave pattern. This pattern definitely looks different on the front and back. Not in a bad way, but it just has more definition on the front. I actually stopped because I ran out of yarn, and thought it would be too short, but once it was off the rake it was perfect. It is 9 and 1/2 inches square.

Here is a different view and you can really see the basket weave look. I can’t wait to make the next one. Just love this loomin’…LOL

Knit Kitty, LoomClass yahoo group project!

<NOT!

My Knit Kitty (by Brittany Bellows) made on the red KK loom.

I used black wool yarn held together with Whirlygig in black for the body. My body was 19 garter stitch rows.

I used the black wool held together with another unknown black fuzzy yarn I had for the head. I then stitched the head all the way around with one strand of the Whirleygig yarn.

I only used one strand of the Whirlygig for the tail. I only did 9 rows for the tail.

I had so much fun with this little pattern. Thank you Brittany for such a cute kitty! I tied an orange ribbon around her neck and made her in all black, since Halloween is just around the corner.